Thursday, July 26, 2018

Book Review: Vicious by LJ Shen

30839185

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. He is a brilliant lawyer. A skilled criminal. A beautiful liar. A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.

Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist. Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. She paid the price.

Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. So she hates me. Big fucking deal. She better get used to me.




Vicious, oh fuckin Vicious. This story! Oh man! Vicious is a second chance love story that is painfully good. I listened to Vicious any spare moment I had. Every twist, every turn, the past, the present, gah! There is so much Vicious. He rightfully earned his name.

Emilia, aka Help, had been chased out of Todo Santos by Vicious. It's ten years later when he finds her again in NY. Emilia had just lost one of jobs as Vicious steps in with a job offer as his PA.

Baron Spencer, Vicious, is a complex character. His past has made him, cold, ruthless. He's taken it out everything and everyone. He's so close to avenging his mother's death, he recruits Emilia. The woman he had wronged and now he can't let go.

This story is a brooding heartache. I loved it! I listened/read this series in reverse. Vicious is my favorite of the bunch. The audios are excellent. I highly recommend this series on Audio. (I did not listen to the audio of Bane) 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment