Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Book Review: Insidious (Tales From The Dark Side #1) by Aleatha Romig

af17020845cc611c06028ad5a5747cf3[1]
When a powerful man is willing to risk everything for his own satisfaction, only one woman can beat him at his own game: his wife. Or so she thinks…
“Let’s start with you calling me Stewart. Formalities seem unnecessary.”
Stewart Harrington is rich, gorgeous, and one of the most powerful men in Miami. He always gets what he wants. Anything is available to him for the right price.
Even me.
Being the wife of a mogul comes with all the perks, but being Mrs. Stewart Harrington comes with a few special requirements. I’ve learned to keep a part of myself locked away as my husband watches me submit to his needs. But the more he demands of me, the more beguiled he becomes and that’s to my advantage. So I keep fulfilling his fantasies and following his rules because he doesn’t know that what he’s playing is really my game. And winning is everything, right?



pro teaser 1

This story begins with the wrong twin surviving and it spells a life of disaster. Victoria is offered a contract by Stewart Harrington which will save her step-father's life (Randall) and provide for her siblings.  Victoria accepts the contact and marries Stewart.  A year later she is forced to take part in his fantasies.  At that time Victoria begin to devise a plan to rid herself of her husband.  She accomplishes her plan.

"With each minute, the blackness inside of me grew and illuminated my cold, dead heart.  Though I'd been called death all my life, it wasn't until Stewart's eye's closed for the final time that I'd truly done it, and I'd never felt more alive."
  
The story doesn't end here. After Stewart's death Victoria finds out she's in danger.  There are 'friends' that want her to continue her contract.  They feel Stewart still owed them.  At this point there are several players involved who want to continue Victoria's contract, Parker Craven, Brody Phillips and Travis Daniels. At end two die.

"The reality struck: I was death, slow and indious. I killed everything around me."

This is a long story with too many components.  After Stewart's death and the revelations of Victoria's father the story jump the shark. Not to say a story should be believable (this is fiction of course) but I'm always looking for some resemblance of real life. This story is far from it.  I totally agree that this is a tale from the dark side. The ending is twisted!  It's also a cliff hanger that you can easily draw your own conclusions.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment