Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Review: 'Til Death ('Til Death, #1) by Bella Jewel



They say there's a fine line between love and hate.
There is.
I married a douchebag.
I didn't know it at the time.
He came in like a handsome stranger and blew me off my feet.
I fell madly in love, like the naive girl I am.
Then he left me high and dry.
Turns out, I was nothing more than a business plan for billionaire playboy, Marcus Tandem.
He needed to be married in order to obtain his grandfathers business, and I was the poor victim in his path.
I believed in what we had, until the truth reared its ugly head.
I never meant anything to Marcus. Not a damned thing.
With my world spinning on its axis, the girl I once was has long since died.
Instead he left me as this empty, emotionless shell.
I may have made a vow before God to love and cherish him ‘Til Death do we part, but it’s time for me to give back to Marcus, exactly what he gave me.
He has to pay.
And pay he will.





Marcus has just inherited his Grandfather's business with the stipulation that he needs to find a wife in 12 months. Not only does he need to find a wife, she must love him and stay its him for 2 years or he will lose the business.  Marcus is cold, heartless and a player.

Katia is a personal assistant working for a really bad boss. She's underpaid and over worked. When Katia is not working she's taking care of her mother. Her mother's health is poor from a botched surgery. She has not time for dating.

One night out with her friends she decides to find a guy for a one night-stand. She literally runs into Marcus finding  her one night stand.  The next morning she leaves before Marcus wakes up. She knows she can't stick around because Marcus is dangerous.

"A man like Marcus is dangerous for me. I don't have the time or patience to fall for someone like him. He'll destroy me. Crush me. Take my life in his hands and twist it until there's nothing but a pathetic, dangling string left."

At the beginning the book flips back and forth from current to the past. In the past we discover how their relationship developed.

In the present Katia long lost father appears Marcus's door. Katia recognizes Pierre right away. Pierre learns for the first time he has a daughter. Marcus warns Katia that Pierre is a dangerous man and
while doing so he also reveals he is also.

In the past Marcus spells out his feels or non-feelings for Katia right after they eloped.

"She's the right choice; I know that. And even though she doesn't know what she means to me, or what she doesn't mean to me, I know that I'm the right choice for her. At least that's what she thinks."

I the present after having some fun together Marcus finds himself developing feels for Katia.

"For a moment, just a moment, I let my guard down. I let myself open up and when I did, I felt fear. For her. For my wife. I felt a genuine fear that something happened to her. It's not an emotion that I've experienced in my life, and it's nothing I want to experience again. I can't let her in. This isn't how It's meant to go."


When Katia receives a visit at work and Marcus's extracurricular activities are revealed. Katia runs to her Father for answers. Unfortunately her father only collaborates the information she had received. Katia also meets her three brothers for the first time.

An envelope is left for Katia at work.  What's in the envelope? It destroys Katia.

I really enjoy Bella Jewel's books. This is another good dark erotic read. The past provides an understanding of how the relationship develops. Marcus is dark, hard, and unemotional.  He's only out for himself.  He even rationalized taking Katia as his wife, even though he doesn't love her, he feels she's benefiting from his wealth.  The story is a roller coaster ride.  At the end
Katia is forced off.  I can't wait for the next installment.


No comments:

Post a Comment