Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Book Review: A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting

47511246. sy475

When I joined Seattle’s NHL expansion team, I thought it was the start of something great. But nothing ever goes the way you expect. Take my introduction to my new neighbor. She came rolling in on the hot mess express at midnight, making a racket while she tried to get into my team captain’s apartment. Did I mention that he’s married to a woman who definitely was not her?

Imagine my surprise when I end up with an injury that has me out of the game for weeks, and she’s the one to offer to help me. I should probably add that she’s not the captain’s mistress. She’s his sexy, pastel-haired younger sister.

So we come up with an arrangement: she rehabs me so that I can get back on the ice sooner, and she can add a professional athlete that isn’t her brother to her client list. Seems simple enough. As long as I can keep my hands to myself and my hormones in check.


A Favor for a Favor is a laugh-out-loud, romantic comedy that is hard to put down. The slow burn will make you want more! I loved every minute of it.

This is Stevie and Bishop's story. Stevie is Rook Bowman's little sister, we met Rook in A Lie for a Lie. Stevie moves to Seattle for a new job after finishing her Masters degree in physiotherapy with a specialization in sports rehab. She worked hard and wants to spread her wings without her brother's help. Stevie's plans quickly change when she arrives in Seattle and finds herself moving into her brother's spare luxury apartment.

Winslow Bishop does not like be woken up from his slumber. When he discovers a hot mess trying to enter his team captains/archenemies' apartment, he's ready to call security. To Bishop's surprise that hot mess has the right key code.

When Bishop suffers from a groin injury in preseason, he's surprised to discover that the hot mess neighbor is willing to help him get back on his feet. His hot mess neighbor, who is also his captain's little sister. The same captain he can't seem to get along with. Good idea, probably not. But Rook wants back on the ice and Stevie wants the experience.

The banter between Bishop and Stevie had me rolling. I loved both characters and all their broken pieces. The story caught my attention from the get go.  5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. According to Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 KG less than we do.

    (Just so you know, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and EVERYTHING related to "how" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    Tap this link to reveal if this quick quiz can help you release your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete