Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Book Review: Want by Kayti McGee

42036675

Welcome to Hollywood, where wet dreams come true.

I fell for Marlee the second I met her- gorgeous smile, unimpressed by my stardom… bendy.

Not even remotely interested in me.

Of course the girl of my dreams has to be engaged to her hometown high-school sweetheart. Nothing’s ever easy, right?

Until they break up.
And she moves in with me.
The only person who can help her practice for her next role is me.

Because Marlee isn’t just new to Hollywood.

She’s a virgin.






Want is book two in the Ryder Brothers Series.  Each book in the series is written by a different author.  I like the change up, it gives each brother a very different personality. It's Jake Ryder's turn to find love as he moves on from his boy-band past. 

Marlee Reed is not my favorite heroine.  She has a plan on advancing her career as a dancer which involves a contractual relationship. I'm all in with her wanting to advance her career but her choice had me cringing.  Jake has a crush on his roommate and can't turn Marlee down when she asks him for help in preparing for her next role. 

I really like Jake. Jake is a stoic character who had lost his love of music until Marlee. Jake's story is sweet and sexy. Marlee's story, not so much.  She seemed like she would do anything to advance her career. I wanted more Jake, probably because I didn't like Marlee's story as much. 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment