Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Book Review: The Pope by L.P. Lovell

41823045

I’m a priest, a messenger of God, a good man. At least that’s what I would have them all believe. 

She’s a lost lamb, cast adrift from her flock and seeking shelter from the wolves snapping at her heels. She’s looking for salvation, protection, forgiveness for her sins. I’m not the man to give it to her. But for the first time in my life, I want to be. 

Little does she know…

For even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.









The Pope is part of the Cards of Love conglomeration of stories. I was excited after reading the blurb and it did not disappoint.  It's a dark, angsty story that kept me wanting more.  The author has created a seedy underworld of vengeance, debts and dirty confessions with an antihero who surprised me at every turn of the page.  . 

Delilah Thomas had always been a good girl until she decides to rebel against her father. She changes her college major and starts dating bad boy Nathan Hewitt. Nathan brings her in on his drug business. It's all fun and games until Delilah's best friend dies.  She blames herself into a drunken oblivion and eventually finds herself repenting for her sins. What she doesn't know is that it's Satan listening to her confession and waiting for her to join him in the darkness.

Judas (Kingsley) Kavanagh is a priest with a dark, unexpected secret. "For even satan disguises himself as an angel of light." He can't let Delilah go. He wants her confession. He wants her.

I really enjoyed Judas and Delilah's story. Judas maybe the antithesis of a good man but he will protect the ones he loves. The ending left me wanting more! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment