Sunday, July 30, 2017

Book Review: Mr. Right-Now by Lila Monroe

Mr Right-Now
“I’m face-down in forty glorious inches of cock cake, seriously reassessing my life choices, when suddenly I hear it. The voice that launched a thousand teenage boy-band dreams. My #1 crush, Drew Delaney himself.”

Ten years ago, Drew was boy-band royalty: the subject of a million teenage fantasies - and the guy next door. He was so far out of my league, I couldn’t see him for stars, but now I’m back in town for our high-school reunion, guess who I run into but Mr. Right-Now himself…

Older. Hotter. And still sexy enough to make me forget about the glittery white frosting currently smeared across my chest.

Sparks are flying, and so are my panties, and soon, our trip down memory lane has taken a detour to ‘oh my god, don’t stop!’. Population: me.

But can I turn Mr. Right-Now into Mr. Forever? Or will crazed fans, vicious yoga moms, and three dozen cock-sicles (don’t ask) doom our romance to the ‘Where are they now?’ section of MTV’s greatest hits?

You’ll be begging for a taste of Lila Monroe’s new sexy, laugh-out-loud summer romance!


Mr. Right-Now is a hilariously sweet rom-com with just the right amount of dirty. This story had me snort laughing by the second chapter. It only got better when an steamy relationship forms between a dirty baker who's starting over and former boy-band megastar who finds himself tempted by his past. 

Maggie Hayes returns home after her bakery of her dreams was run out of town after a big shot celebrity chef opened up nearby. Now she's starting over while living at home with her parents. Not where she wants to be in life especially with her high school reunion right around the corner.

After a phallic cake mishap, Maggie finds herself looking up at Drew Delaney. The Drew Delaney from her teenage dream band Category 5. Drew has moved on from his glory days and now writes and produce for other bands. He's also very interested in getting better acquainted with Maggie. 

The story is funny! Nothing goes as planned for these two. Their chemistry keeps their relationship moving forward even though Maggie had originally planned this to be a temporary arrangement. Things heat up in the kitchen until they are both tempted by career opportunities. 

I loved that the story is written in Maggie and Drew's POVs. I felt a camaraderie with Maggie and I couldn't get enough of Drew. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment