Friday, March 3, 2017

Book Review: Subjugate by Tara West

Subjugate

I get a sexual high when I’m in complete control. The bonds help me breathe. I feel safer when my boyfriend, Dr. Brad Thorensen, is bound, but I’m not sure he’s willing to be kept in chains much longer.

The cuts on my wrists are nothing compared to the scarring of my soul. Dark memories of a tragic event resurface and threaten to send me spiraling back into the pit of despair.

Will Brad help loosen the chains around my heart, or will he sever the cord that binds us together?

Ariana Delarosa Alvarado






Subjugate is the continuation of Ariana and Brad's story. In Dominate we are introduced to Ariana, inspiring actress, who struggles with intimacy because of her past. In Subjugate Ariana's past continues to rear its ugly head and almost destroys everything.

After a difficult acting scene that sent Ariana back to a dark event that she had suppressed, she finds herself giving in and accepting help. Ariana has tried hard to move forward but she never allowed herself to heal. She prefers to dominate instead of facing her demons. Brad wants to help her but instead he's rejected. Can their relationship survive?

This is a short, moving story. I would have enjoyed another chapter or two at the end. I felt like the story took on a life of it's own, outside the Drazen World. 4 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment