Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review: Billionaire in the Dark Book 1,2, and 3 by Eden Claire

Billionaire in the Dark

Pain-sometimes you endure it for pleasure...or for survival.
My name is Kaylie Flanders, and maybe you heard my story. I was held captive by a psychopath for a decade; six years ago, I escaped. Freedom, though, is harder than I thought it would be.
The only place I feel truly alive is inside the darkness of Club Shamballa. In the shadows of the club, I meet a masked stranger with piercing green eyes, a body chiseled to perfection, and a magic touch.
No name.
No voice.
No face.
I can’t see him, I can’t hear him—yet he touches me in ways no one else has before.
Who is Mask, and what is he hiding? Can we heal our broken pasts together?





Billionaire in the Dark Book 2: Dark Billionaire Romance Series


Aidan, the masked Dom with the magic touch, rescues me from the darkness of the dungeon and brings me into the light of his luxurious penthouse.
I hear his voice, and now I can see his face. And what a face it is- chiseled to perfection, just like his rock hard body. He no longer wears a mask, but he’s still a stranger trying to hide his tortured soul from me.
He can’t deny it. Only I can understand him.
My feelings for him are undeniable, yet so much is uncertain. What does he want from me, and am I really safe here?
Am I ever truly safe?  








Billionaire in the Dark Book 3

Professor Aidan teaches Kaylie some very hard lessons in Book 3 of the Billionaire in the Dark Series…
Our bond is stronger than I thought. Each day my love for Aidan grows even deeper.
Yet, the madman who stole ten years from my life keeps coming back for more. What does Ray still want from me, and when will it end?
Except, if it wasn’t for Ray, Aidan and I wouldn’t be together, making our love for each other so beautifully twisted.
But, I’m hiding something from Aidan.
And Aidan’s hiding something from me.
Will our secrets bring us together or tear us apart?




This review covers Billionaire in the Dark, Billionaire in the Dark Book 2 and Billionaire in the Dark Book 3. I usually do separate reviews per book in a mini-series, however since the stories are quick reads I've combined the first three in one review.

Billionaire in the Dark is non-stop action with many twists and turns.  Each book ends in a cliffhanger and the following books starts off right after the last book left off.  There is still one more book in the series.

Kaylie had survived 10 years of her childhood as a captive by a man who suffers from delusions. She’s referred to ‘Club Shamballa’, a BDSM club, by an online Doctor who is expert in treating Stockholm syndrome.  At the club she meets a masked Dom who doesn’t speak and doesn’t want to reveal his identity. They have an instant attraction that and understanding.

Unfortunately for Kaylie, she finds herself kidnapped again and the masked Dom who comes to the rescue. His identity is revealed, Aidan James, Billionaire.

Book 2 follows and it deals with a possible conspiracy, doubt and another cliffhanger that leads right into book 3.

Book 3 provides many answers however it does not wrap up the story. Another incident occurs and leads to another cliff hanger.

The story has too many twists, turns and dots to be connected. I enjoyed the main plot and trying to connect the dots, however there was too much mistrust and dishonesty to make a relationship work.

No comments:

Post a Comment