Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Review: Hold Me (Twist Me #3) by Anna Zaires

Hold Me (Twist Me, #3)

Captor and captive. Lovers. Soulmates.

We’re all that and more.

We thought we were past the worst of it. We thought we finally had a chance.

We thought wrong.

We’re Nora and Julian, and this is our story.

Hold Me is the final installment in the dark Twist Me series. The series name is well suited, the relationship in the story is incredible twisted, even making me uncomfortable at times. Julian and Nora's POV provide a greater understanding of their addictive relationship.

Nora had proven her love by rescuing her captor for the hands of a psychotic terrorist. As try to resume their lives together, Nora suffers from nightmares and panic attacks. Nora continues to suffer even while under treatment, until she discovers that there is another reason for her escalating nightmares.

Julian becomes even more possessive over Nora, if that's even possible. "She's my pet...my obsession and my possession. She loves me because I've made her love me, and I want her because she's necessary to my existence."

Nora struggles with losing herself, "It's as if I've been split in two, the remnants of the person I used to be warring with who I am now." She's in love with, addicted to and cannot live without her abductor. She cannot say no to him, whether she wants it or not.

The story takes us on a dark, scary ride. Julian and Nora's safety and relationship is tested. They've already had survived once, can they withstand more lose and pain? I enjoyed both POV's. Julian is an obsessed, amoral, dangerous kidnapper. Throughout the story Julian feelings evolve but his obsession and possessiveness only grow stronger. He is one scary character. Nora accepts who she's becomes, molded by her captor. If you like dark stories this one is for you! You will need to read the previous two book first in order to understand Julian and Nora's relationship. It's well worth the read!


No comments:

Post a Comment