Thursday, April 30, 2015

*****5 Stars***** Review: Ruined (She Who Dares #4) by LP Lovell

Ruined (She Who Dares, #4)

Hugo
I like to fuck. A lot. Anywhere, anyway, as long as I’m shooting my load in or on some pretty young thing I’m good. In fact, scrap that, they don’t even have to be pretty. What can I say? I’m an equal opportunities kind of guy.
I pride myself on being able to turn even the most self-respecting woman into a dirty slut. I make no apologies for my life or my behaviour. I don’t care about anyone really, certainly not women.
Except her. I care about her, which is why I pushed her away.

Molly
I suppose I’m what you would call the good girl, the sensible one. I’m that girl, the romanticist. I believe in ‘the one’, in that all-encompassing love that leaves you unable to breathe without it.
The thing is though, love is an uncontrollable animal. The heart often declares war on the mind, and even the most rational being can become completely consumed by love.

Sometimes rational is boring. It’s the taste of the wild side that makes you remember you’re alive.

The heart wants what the heart wants, even if you end up completely ruined in the process.


Ruined is book four in the She Who Dares series, but can be read as a standalone. 






I love manwhore stories! 'Ruined' is a story of a manwhore, Hugo Harrison, who doesn't have a reason to grow-up. Hugo has it all, money, successful businesses, women at his beck and call, and good friends. Hugo obsessively enjoys sex, he doesn't go a day without it. He's a commitment phobe, as soon as there is any sign of feelings Hugo run for the hills. Molly and Hugo had several trysts and when Molly shares her feelings, Hugo in turns pushes her away.

Molly is a good girl, a good friend and a romantic. She was burned by Hugo in the past but when she needed him most, he was there for her. She sees beyond his facade, "Under all his womanising bullshit, he's actually a good guy. We become the most unlikely of friends." Although they have developed a friendship, they are still attracted to one another and have a deep down connection they struggle to avoid. 

Hugo struggles with his self worth. He thinks of himself as a bad boy and not good enough for Molly. He uses sex as an emotional outlet. Hugo's lack of commitment pushes Molly into the arm of  Alex, her security blanket. 

Molly struggles with her feelings for two men."Alex is lovely, and I adore him. He's like a warm fire on a cold night, but he will never be the wild flame that is Hugo. He'll also never burn me. There's always a trade-off." Molly has to make a difficult decision, to follow her heart or settle for the safe bet. In the end Molly discovers "Love is war. She who dares...wins."

'Ruined' is funny, steamy, heart-wrenching, and delivers. This story had me annoyed, angry, laughing, and cheering for a HEA. Molly is a fighter, she follows her heart but knows when to walk away. Hugo is a real manwhore. He has issues that he avoids by having sex with half of London. Although they are an unlikely couple, the heart knows what it wants. 



Gaz

No comments:

Post a Comment