Thursday, January 22, 2015

****Review**** The Billionaire Bargain (#1) by Lila Monroe

The Billionaire Bargain (#1)

Sexy Australian billionaire Grant Devlin is ruining my life. He exercises shirtless in his office, is notorious for his lunchtime nooners, he even yawns sexily. If I didn't need this job so bad, I'd take his black Amex and tell him where to swipe it.

He doesn't even know I exist, but why would he? He jets off to Paris with supermodels, I spend Friday nights with Netflix and a chunk of Pepperidge Farm frozen cake—waiting for his call. Because every time he crashes his yacht, or blows $500k on a single roulette spin in Monte Carlo, I’m the PR girl who has to clean up his mess.

But this time, it’s going to take more than just a fat charity donation. This time, the whole company is on the line. He needs to show investors that he’s settling down, and Step #1 is pretending to date a nice, stable girl until people forget about what happened with the Playboy Bunnies backstage at the Oscars.

My plan is perfect, except for one thing:

He picks me.



Review


Lacey Newman is a witty, intelligent, college educated administrative assistant for a PR firm. She assists with the media damage control of the sole heir of Devlin Media Corp, Grant Devlin, who's escapades seem to always make the news. She's also an average woman and my new favorite heroine.

"Lacy Newman. Always-tangled brown hair harboring enough static electricity for a storm cloud, skin that went scarlet as a lobster instead of tanning bronze, and curves that, while technically all in the right places, also proved that you could have too much of a good thing."

Grant Devlin is a "ostentatious, arrogant, overly-attractive-just-to-be-cruel a-hole". He doesn't seem concerned that his company is barely staying above water.

Lacey catches Grant's eye and he begins to pursue her. She is not afraid to speak her mind when coxed and has a strong work ethic.

"I care about doing a good job. I care about following through on my promises, and the promises of the place I work for. I care about doing whatever little tiny things I an to make this world a better place, and even if they're super tiny, they're something and I can feel good about that." 

After a lunch date they return to work and Lacey's boss, Jacinda, is furious. After insulting Lacey and creating a hostile workplace, Grant fires Jacinda. Lacey is immediately promoted to her position. Lacey is now determined to save the company, however her idea of saving the company is much different from Grant's ideas. Cliffhanger Alert!

Lacey is an awesome character. She's witty, intelligent, determined and has a average figure. She has an awesome best friend who reminds her how great she is all the time. Grant first appears to be a playboy billionaire with no work ethic. We do discover there is more to him. Lacy stands up to Grant. Grant likes that she has 'balls' and starts pursing her. Lacey needs to keep her distance in order not to get hurt. Grant finds ways to sneak into Lacey's life. I love it! But not the cliffhanger!  I can't wait to see what happens next!








No comments:

Post a Comment