Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Review: Slay: Ruin by Laurelin Paige

46011971. sy475

With her heart literally in his hands, Celia will have to try and bargain with a devil.

Edward Fasbender is my captor.

Trapped on this island he owns everything on--including, it seems, me.

He told me he would break me, but I thought he meant in the bedroom. It turns out Edward is playing a completely different game.

And he won't stop until he's ruined me.

This book turned me inside out! The revelations are intense, dangerous and heart-pounding. The truth setting the stage for breaking down the past in all its pain. Note: Ruin is the second installment of the Slay Quartet. Rivalry must be read first. 

We last left Celia concerned for her life. She's been given the choice to live if she allows Edward to break her down. As it's her only option, she chooses sessions with Edward.  The intense, reveling sessions are set far apart as Edward leaves her captive on his island while returning to work. As Celia gives in to Edwards will, she's rewarded. Edward, as Celia had done in the past, is playing a game until he's not. Their sessions pulled them in deep. Revelations tearing them down and joining them together. 

The story sent me down the inevitable rabbit hole of forgiveness. I really disliked Celia Werner but alas no longer. She's been manipulated for far too long. I can't wait for the next book. Someone needs to pay. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment