Monday, June 10, 2019

Book Review: Slay: Rivalry by Laurelin Paige

40611401

Edward Fasbender is a devil.

He's my father's business rival, a powerful, vicious man who takes what he wants and bows to no one. I only took the meeting because I was curious. I thought he was going to offer me a job.

But that's not what he's after at all. His proposal is much more intriguing, and I see an opportunity. An opportunity to turn the tables and bring down the devil.

I've gotten in trouble playing these games before. I know when the risk is too great, when the stakes are too high. I know how to be cold and strong-willed and destructive. I know how to withstand dominant men with arrogant charm and rugged features.

Yet I can't resist taking on Edward.

And I can't resist the pull he has on me.

Soon I'm not so sure which side of the battle I'm standing on--if I'm the warrior meant to slay,

Or the one who will be slain.


Slay One:Rivalry is book one in this intense, dark story of manipulation. This is Celia Werner's story.  We've met and disliked Celia in Fixed Trilogy.  Honestly I was surprised that we were getting her story, but as it turns out this surprise was so far the best of 2019.

Celia is not the typical heroine, she's vindictive, manipulative and dangerous.  She lacks emotions. Until she decides to play a dangerous game on Edward Fasbender, her father's business rival. She slowly moves from empty, nothingness to feeling again. However, Edward has his own dark plans for Celia. 

I found the story intriguing and I loved the dark aspects of the characters. This is my new obsession! I can't wait for the next book. Bring it on! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment