Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Book Review: When August Ends by Penelope Ward

43427544

What do you do when a sexy, older man moves into your family’s summer rental?
Well, apparently, you make a fool of yourself—over and over. Things didn’t exactly get off on the right foot with Noah Cavallari. Our first encounter was embarrassing, to say the least.
But despite that, I found myself waking up every day with a newfound energy. Nothing exciting ever happened on the lake—not until Noah moved into the small boathouse on our property. He’d booked it for the entire summer…and I was still trying to figure out why.
When my mother became ill, I inherited the responsibility of making sure our guests were well taken care of. I should have been in college. Instead, I was living my best life…as a maid.
Dark, handsome, and mysterious, everything about Noah screamed forbidden. 
I knew he was just passing through town for the summer.
I knew he was probably too old for me.
Yet, I was drawn to him.
Not to mention, he tried to save my life when he mistakenly thought I was drowning.
I wanted him and made no secret of it.
His own attempts to warn me away soon gave way to late-night moonlight chats by the lake. We were slowly easing into a friendship that was gearing up to explode into something I might not recover from. 
Because he’s leaving at the end of the summer.
And I have no idea what I’ll do when August ends.


I read When August Ends in one sitting. I laughed, I swooned, but most importantly I fell in love. The story has all the feels. 

Heather Chadwick's family summer rental has a new tenant, Noah Cavallari.  Heather lost her filter around the very handsome but mysterious tenant. She can't seem to keep away, even after Noah made it clear that he wasn't interested. Noah can't move past their age difference and his failed marriage.

Heather had taken on the responsibility of  her mother's caretaker, leaving behind her dreams of going to college until Noah. Noah sparks life back into Heather's ambitions. Their friendship develops over the summer into much more. Heather can't imagine what life will be like when august ends. 

There is a dynamic connection between Heather and Noah. They find themselves pushed together by fate and a couple of genuine pigs. I love how their relationship evolved. The climax brought a few tears but it was all worth it in the end. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment