Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Book Review: The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen

41450662

They say your first kiss should be earned.

Mine was stolen by a devil in a masquerade mask under the black Chicago sky.

They say the vows you take on your wedding day are sacred.

Mine were broken before we left church.

They say your heart only beats for one man.

Mine split and bled for two rivals who fought for it until the bitter end.

I was promised to Angelo Bandini, the heir to one of the most powerful families in the Chicago Outfit.

Then taken by Senator Wolfe Keaton, who held my father’s sins over his head to force me into marriage.  

They say that all great love stories have a happy ending.

I, Francesca Rossi, found myself erasing and rewriting mine until the very last chapter.

One kiss.
Two men.
Three lives.
Entwined together.

And somewhere between these two men, I had to find my forever.


What a way to start the new year with a bang! The Kiss Thief is riddled with angst and emotional twists that made this pulse inducing story unputdownable. With every book I fall more and more in love L.J. Shen. 

Senator Wolfe Keaton vengeance leads him into taking his enemies daughter, Francesca Rossi in lawfully wedded matrimony.  It's an unwanted marriage meant to strike at the Rossi patriarch. 

Francesca Rossi has dreamed of marrying Angelo Bandini.  They both are born from the same stock. However, her life and world were turned upside down when her she's given to the enemy.  

Wolfe and Franesca's relationship is a battle of wills. It's fierce, teeth baring but at the same time emotionally charged. 

"Maybe I'm the monster. After all, I come out to play at night. But so do you, little one. You're out in the darkness, too."

The shroud of darkness envelops their relationship as Wolfe takes on Francesca's father. Wolfe is out for revenge until his emotions for Francesca come alive. Francesca battles her own emotions, struggling to leave behind her first love, Angelo and her father. 

The story tore me apart. I wanted more for Francesca. I wanted right for Wolfe. The painful truth, the emotional twists, the vindictiveness made this story heart rendering.  Angst lovers this one is for you! 5 Stars may not be enough for this love story! 


No comments:

Post a Comment