Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Book Review: CLOSE by Laurelin Paige

42036631

Everyone wants to get close to a rock star. 

The bright lights.
The music.
Those talented fingers strumming… a guitar.
Everyone wants to bang a rock star.

So why do I keep running from the one who wants me?

I’m America’s Sweetheart.
I have a reputation.
He’s a boy-band icon turned rock god.
I’m vanilla.
He’s every flavor of bad.
And he’s much, much too young for me.

If I end up in Nick Ryder’s bed, my career and I will both be screwed.

...but that’s only if I’m caught.
 




Close is a sweet, steamy romance.  I enjoyed the twist on the age difference.

Natalia Lowen is America's Sweetheart. She's worked hard on gaining her squeaky clean reputation. So when Natalia finds herself enamored by a much younger rock god, she quickly places him in the fling box. She does not want to tarnish her reputation and worries about her biological clock. 

Nick Ryder on the other hand has other ideas. Can he convince Natalia to follow her heart and leave the rest of the world behind?

I really liked Nick, he had to grow-up quickly as a boy-band icon. Nick is an old soul at twenty-three and I felt more mature than his love interest Natalia, who is thirty-six. Natalia struggled throughout the story with her fears. She put her reputation and concerns first without giving Nick a chance to prove his intentions. Although Natalia's concerns are valid, I wasn't able to connect with the character. She struggled seeing past the good-girl reputation she created then her true self. 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment