Monday, September 10, 2018

Book Review: Dirty Headlines by L.J. Shen

38396994

CĂ©lian Laurent.
Manhattan royalty.
Notorious playboy.
Heir to a media empire.
…And my new boss.
I could have impressed him, if not for last month’s unforgettable one-night stand.
I left it with more than orgasms and a pleasant memory—namely, his wallet.
Now he’s staring me down like I’m the dirt under his Italian loafers, and I’m supposed to take it.
But the thing about being Judith “Jude” Humphry is I have nothing to lose.
Brooklyn girl.
Infamously quirky.
Heir to a stack of medical bills and a tattered couch.
When he looks at me from across the room, I see the glint in his eyes, and that makes us rivals.
He knows it.
So do I. 
Every day in the newsroom is a battle.
Every night in his bed, war.
But it’s my heart at stake, and I fear I’ll be raising the white flag.



2018 Blog and personal favorite!
I love this book hard! Dirty Headlines is a enemies to lovers’ romance with plenty of bumps and bruises. Celian and Jude will reel you in as they bare their souls. The angst, heartache and intensity grabs you from the start. This is why I'm a huge L.J. Shen fan. This story has all the feels.

Celian is the king of his domain when he's not battling his father. He does has a plan to end the battle and win over his kingdom. One rainy night he heads to a bar to take out his frustrations. After a heated romp in the bedroom he wakes up to missing cash and wallet. To his surprise his one-night-stand has been hired to work for his family's business and before long has been moved to his department by his dear old Dad.  Jude needs this job. She's in debt, her father stopped his cancer treatments because of the financial burden. Her plan was to keep a low profile until she was moved to Celian's department. Their attraction can't keep them apart but what will they be willing to risk?

L.J. Shen knows how to throw a good curve ball.  This story is filled with are a few doozies. Celian and Jade are intense in and outside of the bedroom. I love every minute of it! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment