Friday, August 24, 2018

Book Review: Confessions: Priest by Ella Frank

37664469

I am complex.
My love is all-encompassing.
And when it comes to my heart, there is only one rule:
Don’t mess with what’s mine.

Until the age of seven, I was Joel Alexander Donovan, son of Jimmy. The man who terrorized a town and made its citizens fear the very ground he walked on. Including me, the day I realized that ground ran red with blood.

At age eighteen, I became Priest.
A man without a past.
A man determined to right the wrongs of my father.
A man who never believed anyone could love the son of such a monster.

But then a thief stole my heart.
A sweetheart lit up my world.
And I forgot for a moment you should never turn your back on your enemy. 

And thus begins a lesson to those who would seek to harm: Never underestimate what the Priest will do to protect the Princess and the Prick.


Priest is the third book in the continuing story of the Princess, the Prick and the Priest. This is Joel Alexander Donovan, aka Joel Priestley's story. It's a real nail biter. The angst sky rockets while the new relationship sears up the pages. 

I could not wait for Joel's story and it did not fail. Priest provides a flashback of the moment in time that changed the course of Joel's life. It's what had transformed Joel from a Donovan to a Priestley. Its what continues to haunt him as he fears for the safety of his loved ones.

Julien, Robbie and Joel's relationship hits a bump in the road when Joel's truth had been revealed. As Robbie struggles with his emotions there is danger brewing that could destroy them all. 

Priest is a real nail biter. The relationship angst, the lurking danger and the final stance makes this another amazing series! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment