Monday, July 23, 2018

Book Review: The Naked Truth by Vi Keeland

40226673

It was just a typical Monday.

Until the big boss asked me to make the pitch for a prospective new client.

After two years on shaky ground at work because of my screw up, an opportunity to impress the senior partners was just what I needed.

Or so I thought…

Until I walked into the conference room and collided with the man I was supposed to pitch.

My coffee spilled, my files tumbled to the ground, and I almost lost my balance.

And that was the good part of my day.

Because the gorgeous man crouched down and looking at me like he wanted to eat me alive, was none other than my ex, Gray Westbrook.

A man who I’d only just begun to move on from.

A man who my heart despised—yet my body obviously still had other ideas about.

A man who was as charismatic and confident as he was sexy.

Somehow, I managed to make it through my presentation ignoring his intense stare.

Although it was impossible to ignore all the dirty things he whispered into my ear right after I was done.

But there was no way I was giving him another chance, especially now that he was a client
…was there?
 


My 2018 favorite list has grown! The Naked Truth is a heartfelt second-chance journey that had me from the get go. I devoured this book. I loved it so much, I read it twice. The characters crawled under my skin and into my heart. This is why I read!

Layla Hutton is an attorney with a past. A past that included completing community service at a prison where she met a man. 

Gray Westbrook completed his three years prison stink for insider trading and has one person on his mind, Layla Hutton. He wants to correct a misunderstanding that occurred while she was visiting him in prison in hopes of winning her back. 

Gray's truth hurts from the beginning but explodes with a game changing revelation. Layla's struggles with her place in Gray's life because of her mother's past decisions. The story evokes a whirlwind of emotions. I fell head over heals for Gray. He's alpha with a huge heart. His prison time has taught him the truth about life and happiness. The epilogue left me a sobbing, happy mess.  5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment