Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Book Review: Broken Edge by CD Reiss

39681673

You think you'd go far for love?
Think again.
---------
She really knows how to push a man.
She finds the cracks and she goes right for them. She'll travel across the world just to break me apart, piece by piece, until every last secret is exposed and every weakness revealed.
I swear to God, I love her so much I'll let her do it.
I'll let her do anything.
But when she hurts herself to protect me?
That's a line in the sand.













Broken Edge is the third installment in The Edge series. This series must be read in order. 

Unconditional love: is known as affection without any limitations, or love without conditions. This term is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism or complete love

Placeboa harmless pill, medicine, or procedure prescribed more for the psychological benefit to the patient than for any physiological effect.

Broken Edge defines unconditional love with the intensely powerful connection between Greyson and Caden. I love Greyson's balls. When she makes a decision she sticks to it. She has a need to put Caden first, his health, his welfare and his sanity. She pursues him. Following him into a war of his demons. 

Broken Edge gripped me and wouldn't release it's hold until the last word. The author, in her usual trickery, gives us a placebo at the end of Part Two. However the effects soon wear off, ending in an emotional cliffhanger. Why?!?! I am already preparing my mental state for the final book in the series. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment