Thursday, May 31, 2018

Book Review: Mogul by Katy Evans

39319591

He's my most delicious secret. 
The hot Suit I had a one-night stand with one evening. 
I didn't know anything about him, not even his name. 
Only that we shared a taxi, and he was staying at the hotel where I worked. 
We met in room 1103. Where he commanded not only my body but my soul. 
The next day he was gone and I only had a memory of him. 
I could still taste his kisses, feel his demanding touch. 
I searched for him for months. Daydreaming about him. Wondering if I'd ever find him. 
Until the day I find myself staring face to face with his jeweled black eyes again. 
He says lets keep it casual, and my heart knows that falling for this workaholic in a three-thousand-dollar suit is off the table. 
Because he has a secret. One that's a deal breaker for me. 
My Suit has a name. 
Ian Ford. 
And this is our story. 





Mogul is a standalone however I would first recommend reading Tycoon. Mogul and Tycoon written along parallel timelines. If you haven't read Tycoon there is a spoiler. 

Ian Ford, aka hot suit, is a hot and dirty workaholic. He dived further into work after finding his wife in bed with another man. Now he's in the middle of a one way divorce. His wife doesn't want their marriage to end but not for the right reasons. Ian's prospective changes after meeting Sarah Davies. 

"But it opened the gaping hole that makes me crave human touch, human connection. A woman’s scent, a woman’s voice… This girl may be the key to open me back up."

Sarah is a struggling dancer. She continues to audition with little avail. She shares a taxi ride with a hot suit, who also happens to be staying at the hotel where she works. One thing leads to another and they find a connection during a onetime tryst. Well, until they meet again and again. 

Ian's divorce weighs heavy on Sarah as her parents are in the mist of a divorce. 
Sarah's struggle hurts. She is dealing with her father destroying her family and feeling like the other woman. Ian struggles with trusting Sarah with his heart after his wife broke it. The story centers around the struggle to follows ones heart and letting go of preconceived notions. I enjoyed the story however the beginning of the story felt too dependent on the previous book. 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment