Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Book Review: Knotted by Pam Godwin

38134080

I try to forget her.
It’s impossible.

Growing up together, Conor and I shared all our firsts.
First love, first kiss, first…
Not all our firsts.

We were sixteen the night she was violently assaulted while I helplessly watched.
I’ll never forget the sounds of her suffering.
Or my inconsolable agony when she left Oklahoma.

Years later, she returns to honor our teenage pact.
Except the boy she loved is gone, replaced by a ruthless cattle rancher knotted with secrets.
She doesn’t know my dark cravings or the trails of sin that lead to her.

I don’t deserve her, but one truth remains.
She’s mine.



Knotted doesn't just take you on an intense ride. No, it does one better. It drags you in right from the gritty start, pulling on your heartstrings. No, tearing it right out of your chest, while still beating.  This book will make you feel all the emotions. 

The story has four main characters, Jake and Jarret and Lorne and Conor.  Jake and Jarret are twin brothers. Lorne and Conor are brother and sister.  The four grew up together on Julep Ranch. 

Jake and Conor secretly dated against their fathers wishes. When Conor turned sixteen, she and Jake were ready to take the next step in their relationship. Only to be thwarted by a violent assault.  This may be difficult to read if you have triggers. It also sets the stage for their families unraveling. I could not put this book down. The intensity rolled right off the pages leaving me spellbound. 

After Jake discovers the truth about the assault, he takes the reigns in eliminating the enemy. Unfortunately that leaves Conor out in the cold. She had lost everyone and everything. She was abandoned by her family, with no where to go. It takes six years for the dust to settle and for Conor to return home. Jake has plans reclaim Conor piece by piece. 

Conor is a strong heroine. She never gives up, she continues to fight. Jake is all cowboy, rough, rugged and fierce. He has certain proclivities that compliment Conor's nature.  

Knotted is gritty and all-consuming. I'm suffering from major book hangover. I was relieved that Knotted is a standalone. I don't think I could have handled a cliffhanger. It does set the stage for the next story Buckled. I can't wait!! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment