Monday, March 5, 2018

Book Review: Whiskey Lullaby by Stevie J. Cole

Whiskey Lullaby

We all have guilty pleasures.

Mine was the boy my father took in. The guy everyone said I was too good for. The one I knew would ruin me. 

But I couldn't help it. The way Noah Greyson's voice sounded when he sang whiskey lullabies to me in the dark; how perfect his arms felt wrapped around my stomach, his nose nuzzled in my hair- that's what made me fall. That intimacy was what made me so very weak. But now millions of women drift off to sleep while Noah sings the love story we wrote, and it was never meant for the world. 

The worst mistake I made wasn’t loving him, it was thinking he loved me, too.

At least, that’s what I thought until now…






Whiskey Lullaby is a second chance, bad boy romance. What may have started off slow turned around quickly and made me feel all the emotions. By mid point in the story I couldn't put it down. I felt connected to the characters, their pain, their heartbreak and their helplessness.  

Noah Greyson is the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Hannah Blake is the preacher's daughter who is career driven.  Their worlds collide when Hannah returns home to help care for her mother. I'm going to stop right here for a second, Hannah's mother plays a huge part in this love story.  Her words of wisdom made my heartache. I couldn't stop from crying and feeling every last emotion. (Thank you Stevie J. Cole for giving us that.) Hannah came home to help her mother but it's her mother who at the end helps Hannah move on with her life.  

Okay back to the story, while Hannah's home helping take care of her mother she meets bad boy Noah Greyson. Noah is from the wrong side of tracks, a bastard child whose parents didn't want him. He has an undesirable reputation in the small community.  A reputation that Hannah, a preacher's daughter, should stay away from.  However Hannah meets a very different Noah. She meets a man who will do anything not to hurt her.  It's really sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. Noah can't move past his reputation and almost loses what means most to him.  

I really enjoyed Whiskey Lullaby. It pulled on my heartstrings and made me feel.  5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment