Monday, March 26, 2018

Book Review: Stone by Max Monroe

39338172

First, hate. Then, want. But in the end? Heartbreak.

My celebrity life was supposed to be easy, and this movie was the biggest break of my career. But from the moment Officer Levi Fox gave me a speeding ticket on my way into town, he’s been nothing but a thorn in my side.

Dominant. Cocky. Callous. 
Midnight blue eyes, a bad attitude, and muscles for days, he’s exactly the kind of man I should avoid. 

But as the Cold, Montana Police Department’s official movie liaison, he’s taken up a permanent place in my life that I can’t shake. 

We fight. A lot. 

Then, we kiss—and my carefully crafted hate toward him no longer feels so much like hate. 

I’m falling
falling
falling.
But how often do alpha-jerks cushion the landing?


Stone is Intense! It's not your usual fun, flirty Max Monroe story but rather a cold, raw storm of emotions.  It left my heart feeling battered.  

Stone is book one of the Stone Cold Fox trilogy. We're introduced to Cold, Montana, a godforsaken icy tundra. It's also the production site for Cold, a movie based on the real-life events of the Cold-Hearted Killer.  When Ivy Stone rolled into town for the movie production, she discovers the that the welcome mat hasn't been rolled out by the cop with a huge chip on his shoulder. 

Officer Levi Fox already has a bad attitude but to make matters even worse he's given the job as the Cold, Montana Police Department's official movie liaison. Officer Fox is not happy. He does not want anything to do with the movie. It was a painful time in his life and he's numbed himself to move on. When Ivy Stone comes to town she turns his world upside down. 

Levi and Ivy have an instant attraction but Levi can't move past his pain. They turn up the heat when they fight. It's intense and sexy. But each time they fight Levi runs further away. He runs until he destroys them both. 

I loved book one of the series. It has angst galore! The intensity between Levi and Ivy jumps right off the pages. It's so good! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment