Friday, March 2, 2018

Book Review: Come Again by Poppy Dunne

38197056

It is truth universally acknowledged, that a single woman in possession of a dead-end job, shoebox studio apartment, and zany, intensely loyal friends, must be in want of a man.

But in my wildest dreams, I never expected that man to remember me selling overpriced KoolAid in my Rainbow Brite underpants when I was six years old. Life is unpredictable.

Fraser Drake was the least sexy boy when we were growing up: all elbows and knees and khaki pleats and debate club. But right now, in my mother's kitchen, he's never looked hotter, more irresistible. Granted, he's looking down on me as I expertly dance the sock hop scene from Grease. But behind those layers of haughty indifference, I detect the hint of lust.

He is everything I never knew I wanted. Since I met him, my feet haven't touched the ground and my smile hasn't left my face. His laugh is like a well-aged scotch, and I have a feeling I could get drunk on it.

If a Pride and Prejudice/Bridget Jones’s Diary mash-up but with more sex, sexual tension, and sexy sex, sounds good to you, you've come to the right place.


I can't stop fawning over the ending of Come Again! This a total reread for me! Come Again is a friends to lovers, romantic comedy that had me at Hottie McDouchebag.  The main characters prove that opposites can attract. 

Fraser Drake has returned to Los Angeles. Now that he's back Fraser reacquaints himself with best friend from middle school and finds himself rather smitten with his younger sister, Emma Brightman. The same younger sister who had infuriated him in the past, he now finds arousing. Talk about total opposites.  Fraser a humorless, closed off android finds himself enchanted with Emma, who on the other hand, lets it all hang out. 

The story had me smiling, laughing and throwing a few punches all while falling in love with Fraser and Emma.  5 Stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment