Friday, February 16, 2018

Book Review: Sordid by Ava Harrison

34994215

It was his lips.
The way his stare sent shivers down my spine.
The way his rough voice whispered my name.

So I caved.
I did what I knew I shouldn’t.

But as quickly as he’s there, he’s gone.
Leaving me confused. 
Devastated.
I hope I’ll never see him again…

Then I do. 

He’s my new boss. 
And he has secrets.







Sordid slowly builds towards a revelation that holds the hero, Grant Lancaster, captive. A secret that over takes Grant's life. Leaving him to spiral out of control.  So when Bridget Miller stepped into his life, no matter how much he wanted her, he couldn't have her. 

"You make me believe that maybe one day I can have more."

Grant and Bridget have a back and forth relationship. Grant wants Bridget but knows he can't have her. Bridget has to let Grant go before he breaks her. It's frustrating at times because Grant can't move past his pride. He'll let it destroy him bit by bit. 

I found myself wanting Bridget to run. Grant was being a selfish prick trying to keep Bridget for himself while not dealing with his issues. He let his pride get in the way instead of reaching out to his family to mend their relationship.  Ahhh! The angst! The torment! The ending! 4 Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment