Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Book Review: Reckless by Lex Martin

Reckless

Tori…
For the record, I’m not going to hook up with my boss.

I'm a lot of things—a screwup, a basket case, a flunky. But when I take a nanny job to be near my pregnant sister, I swear to myself I’ll walk the straight and narrow, which means I cannot fall for my insanely hot boss.

I don't want to be tempted by that rugged rancher. By his chiseled muscles or southern charm or the way he snuggles his kids at bedtime. Ethan Carter won't get the key to my heart, no matter how much I want him. 

Ethan…
Between us, she's the last thing I need as I finalize my hellish divorce. 

What sane man trying to rebuild his life wants a hot nanny with long, sexy hair, curves for miles, and a smart mouth? A perfectly kissable, pouty mouth that I shouldn't notice.

My focus is on my kids and my ranch, not the insufferable siren who sleeps in the room next to mine. It doesn't matter that she wins over my kids in a heartbeat or runs my life better than I do. Tori Duran is the one woman I can't have and shouldn't want, no matter how much I crave her. 


I LOVED, LOVED this story!! Two broke hearts being thrust together for their own good.  I read Reckless in one day, I couldn't put it down. It pulled me right in and I loved every page.  

Ethan Carter is in a middle of a divorce. His soon to be ex-wife up and left leaving him with full-time responsibility of his young children.  Ethan's mother helps with caring for his children but when she needs to go and see her sister Ethan has to find help. He's unable run a ranch and take care of his children at the same time.  In steps Tori Duran, like a bull in a china shop. 

Tori is in a bad place in her life.  She failed out of school after ending a disastrous relationship.  Her life had been recklessly spiraling out of control since the start of college. Tori has college loans to pay, so when the nanny job presents itself she can't say no. It's a plus that she'll be close to her pregnant sister. 

Their attraction is instant but neither is ready to move on. Walls have been built to protect their hearts and a pending divorce spells trouble. Emotions run high as their relationship develops. I love Tori, she struggles with her past recklessness but she remains feisty.  She give Ethan a run for his money. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment