Monday, February 12, 2018

Book Review: Chased by Clarissa Wild

36365516

I’m filthy rich … and ruthless.
I live for the hunt. The chase.
My desires aren’t exactly normal.
But neither is she … The girl I bought.
She’s innocent and blind.
Perfect for all my wicked needs.
Perfect to prove just how far I’m willing to go.
But there’s just one problem …
I’m falling for her. Deep. Hard. Fast.
Even though I’m the bad guy. The man who keeps her locked away.
I’ll do anything to make her stay.
One thing’s for sure … She will be mine.













Chased is book three in this dark and twisted series.  I recommend reading the first two books, Caged and Locked, however Chased can be read as a stand-alone. Chased is a dark romance about an anti-hero coming to terms with his conscience.  

The story begins with Chase buying Syrena to prove a point. Once he comes to terms with his conscience he decides to keep Syrena for himself.

"But I can't let her go either. There's no way out of this. I have to keep her, for as long as it takes, for as long as I need to. I don't even know why... I just know that I have to for my sake. Even though it comes at a hefty price: Her happiness."

We met Syrena in caged. Where she had been living in a glass prison with Ella and Cage before being sold to Chase.  Finally it's Syrena's story! I couldn't wait to find out what happen to her.  She is a fighter and Chase gives her a run for her money.

Chase keeps several secrets from Syrena.  He doesn't want to lose her. He fears Syrena could never truly love a monster who's keeping her as a prisoner. 

The story is filled with dark twist and turns.  I couldn't read it fast enough. The final revelation was a doozy but does a great job tying in the whole story. 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment