Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Book Review: War of Hearts by Julia Sykes

37768794

A Standalone Menage Romance from Julia Sykes

I was meant to be theirs: Joseph, my sweet first love, and Marco, his dark and dangerous best friend. After Marco steals me away one night, Joseph is waiting for me. They say they can’t let me go, or their enemies might hurt me.

They both want me. Together. The three of us.

I know it’s dirty, and I know Joseph and Marco are dangerous men.

But being with them doesn’t feel wrong. When they hold me in their arms, I feel safe, cherished. If I give myself to them, can they protect me? Or will staying close to them put me in more danger than ever?
 








I love Julia Sykes. I'm a big fan of her Impossible Series. However War of Hearts unfortunately did not win me over. The premise is interesting, Joseph runs from his life in the mafia. While Joseph is in hiding he meets and falls for Ashlyn. Soon Joseph's location is discovered and Marco brings him back home. Joseph isn't himself when he returns home so Marco abducts Ashlyn to make Joseph happy again.  

The story begins with Ashlyn's abduction for her own good.  Joseph and Marco keep Ashlyn captive to ensure her safety from the impending mafia war.  Ashlyn finds herself attracted to both men causing her to feel like a dirty slut. Joseph is okay with sharing Ashlyn with Marco but doesn't want to scare her. Marco thinks otherwise, he believes Ashlyn is made for them. What probably killed the book most for me was the Marco's kink. I love kink in my book but this seemed awkward. I even cringed a little.  

Although War of Hearts is touted to be a stand alone I recommend you read Battle for Love, the prequel to War of Hearts.  I hadn't read the prequel so it took me a minute to catch up. 3 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment