Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Book Review: Hostage by Skye Warren & Annika Martin

37460111

I NEVER KNEW WHEN HE'D COME TO ME. ONLY THAT HE WOULD. 

I’d never even kissed a boy the night I met Stone. The night I saw him kill. The night he spared my life. That was only the beginning.

He turns up in my car again and again, dangerous and full of raw power. “Drive,” he tells me, and I have no choice. He’s a criminal with burning green eyes, invading my life and my dreams.

The police say he’s dangerously obsessed with me, but I’m the one who can’t stop thinking about him. Maybe it’s wrong to let him touch me. Maybe it’s wrong to touch him back. Maybe these twisted dates need to stop. Except he feels like the only real thing in my world of designer labels and mansions.

So I drive us under threat, until it’s hard to remember I don’t want to be there.

Until it’s too late to turn back.


Hostage is a dark romance that keeps you turning the pages.  The main characters are from different sides of the track with an unexpected connection. 

Bad Boy takes Good girl hostage.

Brooke Carson is celebrating her sweet sixteen when she goes outside for a breather. While outside she witnesses a crime. She attempts to stop the perpetrator but in turn is abducted. 

"Maybe I'm the winter, bringing all the hell" he says. "The winter nobody ever wants to see coming, but here I am."

Stone Keaton is playing the angel of vengeance. He's "the ultimate lost boy, leading his band of lost boys out of hell." He's out for blood when a girl tries to step in and stop him. He has no choice but to take her with him. He has to protect his brothers at any cost including killing any witnesses. However Brooke is different and he let's her go until the next time. 

Stone consensually abducts Brooke several more times. He doesn't want to feel connected to Brooke but he does. Until Brooke slips and reveals a secret that changes everything. 

The story is fast-paced. There's plenty of action and danger. However, I wasn't a fan of the ending. It changed the tone of the story. It seemed less dark more YA. I still enjoyed the story overall. 4 Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment