Sunday, December 31, 2017

Book Review: American King by Sierra Simone

American King (New Camelot Trilogy, #3)

They say that every tragic hero has a fatal flaw, a secret sin, a tiny stitch sewn into his future since birth. And here I am. My sins are no longer secret. My flaws have never been more fatal. And I’ve never been closer to tragedy than I am now.

I am a man who loves, a man whose love demands much in return. I am a king, a king who was foolish enough to build a kingdom on the bones of the past. I am a husband and a lover and a soldier and a father and a president.
And I will survive this.

Long live the king.











I was up until 2 am engulfed in a world of chivalry, tragedy and kink. The ending was an unexpected twist. I was angry until I understood. The tale ends in redemption and solidification. A journey not to embark on lightly.

"The most important part of wearing a crown and using a sword is knowing when to set them down."

The turmoil continues in this tale of passion. Passion for peace, love and fulfilment. It's ironic that the president who believes in peace, who would do everything in his power not to go to war, is the same sadistic president who reigns down pain on the ones he loves. Pain for pleasure. Pain to fulfill the dominate craving. Pain for love. He's also the same man who will do anything to keep the ones he loves safe.

It's a simple story of love but a complex story of redemption. In the end it's Merlin who comes out redeemed. 5 Stars!
















No comments:

Post a Comment