Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Book Review: Field-Tripped by Nicole Archer

Field-Tripped (Ad Agency Series, #3)
I was done with games. But playing with her is so much fun.

Ten years ago, I was all set to compete in the winter Olympics. Then I lost everything—my career, my best friend, and my girlfriend.

After that, I stopped playing games for good. I swore never to go back to Colorado. Too many bad memories. Plus, she’s still there.

Now I live a simple life as a creative director at Shimura Advertising in New York. All is good, until my boss cons me and my coworkers into spending two weeks in Colorado at Proton Sports’ sleep-away camp for adults, pitching their business. Turns out Proton’s idea of a pitch is making the agencies battle each other in a bunch of ridiculous winter games.

Guess who owns the rival company? Her. And she’s out to get me.

I might just let her win.



What have I been missing?!?!? Nicole Archer is a new-to-me author that I have put on my stalking list. Field-Tripped is a second chance romance between a loser and a chicken.  This story had me laughing until I couldn't breath and shedding a few tears. There's a bit of a surprise at the end that made me love the author even more.

Charlotte 'Charlie' Sullivan needs Proton Sports to hire her advertising company so she can sell her business. She's ready to move on to new adventures. The only obstacle in her way is the Shimura Agency.

Elliot 'Eli' St. James has to go on a work trip for Shimura Agency to Colorado.  It's last place he wants to be after he left ten years ago. He had lost everything, his career, his best friend and the love of his life. What are the chances that he would run into her?

Not only do Charlie and Eli rekindle their romance but they also compete in the most hilariously funny winter games. It's a fight to the end or sometimes just to the bar. It's not only a competition between two rivaling companies but also to rivaling hearts.

The characters are real, their insecurities, their pain, their misunderstandings are well developed. Then again, this story is not only about complex characters working out their issues. There's also plenty of humor.  Eli killed me with his spirituality in a form of an app. I really enjoyed Field-Tripped. Let the author stalking begin. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment