Thursday, October 19, 2017

Book Review: Shades of Her by Ozlo and Priya Grey

Shades Of Her
Will He Ever Love Me, When All He Sees Is Her?

Jackson

I had everything a man could want. Money. Status. And above all: Love. But when my wife is taken from me, my life begins to fall apart. But now she’s back. Back from the dead. I can relive our most passionate and tender moments together. I’m losing myself in her once again. But then I discover the truth about my wife. And everything I remember turns out to be a lie.

Rebecca

All I have to do is dye my hair, wear someone else’s clothes, and follow a script. What harm can come from stepping into someone else’s shoes in exchange for two hundred grand? Did I mention the deal includes sex with the hottest, most acclaimed painter of our time? It’s a no brainer, right? Especially since I’m in desperate need of cash, so I can help my parents get back on their feet after losing everything in the storm. I fully commit to the part he’s hired me to play. I never expected to uncover her secrets. And I never imagined I’d fall in love.


I ate this book up! I couldn't put it down. Shades of Her is a story of the heart. It's a story of how far a grieving man would go to relive what he has lost.

Jackson is unable to move past the death of his wife, Ashley. He's depressed, he's become a recluse and his art is suffering. After a failed attempt at entering the apartment he shared with Ashley, Jackson heads to a bar to calm his nerves. It's at the bar he first sees Rebecca who is the spitting image of Ashley. After a second fateful run-in, Jackson hires her to play his deceased wife for five weeks in order to met his deadline.  

Rebecca's parents have just lost their home so when Jackson offers her two hundred grand to play his deceased wife she jumps at it. What Rebecca hadn't expected was to develop feeling for Jackson. When she discovers Ashley's secret, she has to make the tough decision to either tell Jackson or let him continue to live in an illusion.

I really enjoyed this story. It's uniquely Ozlo an Priya. My heart was all over the place. When Jackson lost Ashley, he also lost his world. He tried to relive his happiness with Rebecca. Honestly, I didn't think it was creepy. Jackson couldn't pull himself out of his grief so he recreated what was missing. His struggle dug deep. At the end it was the truth that set Jackson free. 5 Stars!!


No comments:

Post a Comment