Monday, October 23, 2017

Book Review: Hard Wood by Lauren Blakely

Hard Wood
Women often say a good man is hard to find. And a hard man is even better.

That’s why I’m quite a catch— good, hard, loaded, and wait for it…I’m ready to settle down too. But the woman I want to pitch my tent with lives clear across the country. Neither of us wants to get lost in those woods. All I have to do is resist her for the week she's in town.

I try. I swear I try. But yeah, that doesn't work out.

And after one fantastic night with my good friend Mia, I’m ready to give her years of nights under the stars. What's a few thousand miles when love's involved? But there’s a hitch in my plans — she just hired my adventure tour company. If there’s one thing I’m committed to, it’s running a squeaky clean business. Number one on my list of iron-clad rules?

Don’t screw your customers.

But what's a guy to do when she's so hard to resist? How hard can it be to keep our hands off each other for a quick group tour down the hills and over the trails? I’m about to find out, and I have a feeling I’m going to need a new badge of honor because things are about to get very hard in the woods.



It's finally Patrick and Mia's turn to find love in Hard Wood. Hard Wood is a stand alone however both character's previously appeared Joy Ride.

I never fail to fall in love with Lauren Blakely's stories. Hard Wood is a swoony romance that will warm your heart and possibly other body parts. I fell quick and hard for Patrick Milligan, a normal, comfortable guy with a fantastic butt and an in-the-know feline companion..

Patrick's ready to settle down but the woman he wants happens to live clear across the county. He never finds the right time to tell Mia how he feels. He is in a continual battle with his emotions, keeping his feeling under wraps.

Mia Summers confides her feels for Patrick to his cat, Zeus. She's falling in love with Patrick but she's not sure if he feels the same. Her subtle hints are not enough.

Their struggle is heartfelt. They don't want the sting of rejection so they stop before baring their souls. I love that this story is written in Patrick's POV. I love reading his thoughts and feeling his emotions. Plus we get Zeus, the first-to-know feline who doesn't share secrets. It gives the story a different zest. Lauren Blakely has nailed down giving us the male POV. I hope she continues. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment