Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Book Review: Caged by Clarissa Wild

Caged


They call me savage. An untamed beast.
I was born in the cage. Born to fight. Born to carry its name.
Locked away, I’ve spent years waiting for my mate.
I'm pent up with need. Brimming with desire.
All I want is her... That beautiful girl from the picture on my prison wall.
Now she’s finally here, sharing a cell.
So close. So hard to resist.
But one thing’s for sure…
Even if she doesn’t know it yet, she’s already
mine.

WARNING: Contains disturbing content that may be offensive to some readers.






This review is for the duet, Caged and Uncaged. Wow! I just ate this up. It's intense with a dark undertone. The author has included a warning for a good reason. However it's the disturbing content that pulls you in deeper. It plays with your perception of bad and unknowing.

Caged is raised in a glass cage. He knows nothing else. He's never been outside. He's never gone to school. He was never taught right from wrong. He was taught to obey. Cage was raised to fight, to kill, to win. His father is his capture. Keeping him as his prized possession rather than his son.

Ella has been taken by Graham, Cages father. She's been placed in a glass cage that is connected to Cage's. She's been give to Cage to breed future fighters for Graham.  Ella is selectively mute, after her sister's death Ella's voice died with her. She only speaks to people she trusts. Unexpectedly, Ella finds her voice when communicating with Cage.

Cage begins to change in the first book of the duet. He instinctively knew when he's overstepped his boundaries with Ella. He begins to internally fight his obedience training that leads up to him helping Ella. Cage takes ownership of Ella. She is his. Ella soon feels the same.

Caged ends in a cliffhanger. Luckily, Uncaged was only a page away. Uncaged sends Cage into the wilds of the real world and Ella searching for what is hers. The ending had me teary-eyed and sniveling. The story is a real roller coaster ride. 5 Stars!

"He didn't chain my body in that prison...he chained my mind, and Ella set it free."

No comments:

Post a Comment