Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Book Review: The Boy Next Door by Ella James

The Boy Next Door (Off-Limits Romance, #2)
The boy next door. That’s what he was. Dash Frasier—my hero from the day we met, when I was six and he was nine. His sister was my best friend, the three of us one happy crew. Then one sweaty summer night changed everything.

No one understood me like Dash. No one made me feel so loved. That’s why, when he skipped town, it wrecked me.

Now I’m older. Wiser. I’ve just snagged my dream job, writing at a film studio. The lead animator on my project? You guessed it.

He’s not the boy next door. Not anymore.

I’m guarding my heart this time.

But Dash has secrets that could break us both.



OMG this book! The Boy Next Door is a second chance love story with a burning secret. A secret that tries to stay buried in the past but continues to obstruct the present.

Amor Fati- Love of Fate

Amelia Frank writes children’s stories for films. On the first day of her summer internship at Imagine Luxe she discovers she’s been paired with a hot Disney animator, Dash Frasier. Dash isn’t only her co-lead but also the boy next door who had abandoned her. Amelia’s emotions are twisted. She still cares for the boy who broke her heart but she’s still dealing with her feelings of abandonment. “I want to ravage him, abandon him. I desire to make him bleed. Do to Dash what he did to me. Eviscerate.”

Dash understands Amelia’s anger but he can’t give her the answer she wants. He vows to take his secret to his grave. Amelia slowly breaks down Dash’s walls but it’s until his world is turned upside down that he shares his secret. The story's secret is intense and heartbreaking.

The Boy Next Door is an intense love story that moves from childhood to adulthood. There’s plenty of angst, heartbreak and strength. Fate brought Amelia and Dash back together but its love that keeps them alive. 4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment