Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Book Review: The Castle by Skye Warren

The Castle (Endgame, #3)
I’m safe in the ivory tower Gabriel Miller made for me. That’s what he says. Enemies lurk outside, waiting to strike. An army of enemies held back by these walls.

Except some animal instinct warns me the danger is much closer. It’s already here. Is Gabriel Miller my protector or my enemy? Is this house a castle or a cage?

There’s nowhere for me to go, no one left for me to trust.

No escape from a past determined to capture its prize.







Book 1 The Pawn http://amzn.to/2oF9SQw
Book 2 The Knight http://amzn.to/2nQYCmW
Book 3 The Castle http://amzn.to/2nQQjHS


The Castle is the final installment of the Endgame series.  It’s the third book in series and I highly recommend that it be read in order. I love, love, love this series. The Castle brought the series home with a homage to women in Greek mythology and a chess game that leads to twist and turns ending in a unexpected final move.

There were so many revelations in The Knight (second book in the series) that it had left my head spinning. I couldn’t wait for The Castle and the author did not disappoint. We return to Avery locked away in Gabriel’s castle.  Although she’s kept safe from outside dangers, it’s the voices inside that have Avery concerned.  Avery and Gabriel’s relationship deepens with revelations of their pasts and Gabriel’s crusade to keep Avery safe.  The Castle is only told in Avery’s POV however Gabriel’s thoughts and actions are well developed.

There are plenty of surprises in this final book that kept me engrossed. The series starts off dark, desperate and concerning. In the final story the author provides clarity and resolution even as the story continues its dark path to the truth. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment