Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Book Review: Unprofessional by J.D. Hawkins

Unprofessional
What happens when the internet's favorite playboy falls in love?

I have the best job in the world. Date beautiful women and write about it.

But I want to take it to the next level: instead of writing about my experiences make it into an online reality show.
But here is the catch. My boss wants me to share the show with a woman co-host. And he wants that woman to be my best friend and co-worker, Margo.
I’ll date beautiful women and she’ll date hot men. Sounds fair enough.

So now I have to watch her fake date hot men. I used to love going home with a different woman every night, but suddenly this isn’t as fun. Seeing Margo with anyone else is driving me crazy.

And the more time I spend with her working on the show, the less I want to keep our relationship in the friends’ zone. And the harder it is to stop myself from imagining her bent over the copier.

Things are about to get unprofessional.


Unprofessional is by far is my favorite book by JD Hawkins. It's a friends to lovers romance with a twist and the right amount of angst. There are also some pretty funny moments too.

The struggle is real when you can't read a book fast enough. I read this in a day because I needed the HEA. I enjoyed the party animals turned grown-up story. The characters are relateable and have depth.

Owen and Margo have been friends since their first year in college. They were both party animals, drinking, dancing and having plenty of sex. Now it's eight years later and Margo has moved on from her partying ways. She's grown up and wants more out of life. Margo has big dreams of moving to NY and working for an upmarket magazine. She is also searching for a meaningful relationship, she's moved past just having fun.

Owen has a good job thanks to Margo. They work together side by side for Trendblend. Own hasn't grown-up as much, he continues to have fun, only looking for hook ups. Owen is a commitment phoebe. The exact opposite as his father.

Margo has no intentions of sleeping with Owen because she doesn't want to ruin their friendship. Even with the best of intentions Margo hooks up with Owen after a few too many drinks. Now how will they handle their friendship after the hook up? There's also a twist. They will also be starring in a online reality show dating other people. It gets very interesting.

I love how the relationship developed after eight years of friendship. It took some liquid courage to get them in bed together but it took a whole lot of processing to make it work. "Turns out some dreams are better than others." 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment