Friday, March 17, 2017

Book Review: The Billion Heir by Nikky Kaye

The Billion Heir (Billionaire Book Club, #1)
"I don't give a s*** about money, unless it can buy me a better steak or get me out of jail."

LUCAS
I might be a brand new billionaire, but I'll be damned if I'm going to take charm lessons from former socialite "Sexy Lexi Kink-ade." She's getting under my skin, but now I'm stripping away her veneer to find the woman underneath.

ALEXIS
Redeeming Luke's bad boy image is my job, but there's something seductive about a man who can fight in a tuxedo and scare away paparazzi. I might be living hand to mouth these days, but his mouth on my hand isn't helping...

Welcome to the first meeting of the Billionaire Book Club—because even the wealthy need help to read between the lines.

The Billion Heir is a short story about a brand new billionaire who needs a make over from yokel to businessman.

Charles Knox died in a plane crash making his bastard son, Lucas Kincaid, a billionaire and giving him controlling shares of his company. Lucas goes from scraping by to billionaire in an instant. Now he needs some help in cleaning up his image.

Alexis Kincaid is hired to invent Lucas's social image from scratch. She is hired to help with his image, his clothes and his dating. Alexis knows a great deal about social media from her youth as a rich party girl and her public sex tape. Alexis has created her own business in PR and image consulting in order to get back on her feet after her father's downfall.

Alexis is up for the challenge but can she keep her heart from falling for this yokel?

Unfortunately, The Billion Heir fell flat for me. There are gaps of time in the story. I felt as if I missed Lucas's transition from yokel to professional and the development of Lucas and Alexis's relationship. The author does briefly fill in the gaps but it's after the fact. I liked to concept and the characters are intriguing. Over all the story is unique and sexy. 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment