Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Book Review: Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward

Mack Daddy
They called him Mack Daddy. No, seriously, his name was Mack. Short for Mackenzie.

Thus, the nickname. Perfect, right?

So was he: perfect. The perfect physical male specimen.

At the private school where I taught, Mack Morrison was the only man around in a sea of women.

Everyone wanted a piece of the hot single father of the sweet little boy. I was riddled with jealousy, because they didn’t know that—to me—he was much more.

They didn’t know about our past.

He’d chosen my school for his son on purpose, because Mack and I, we had unfinished business.

As my friend Lorelai so eloquently put it: “Unfinished business between two people who are clearly attracted to each other is like an eternal case of blue balls.” And I was suffering in pain from my case.

I was still intensely attracted to Mack. I tried to resist him, immersing myself further into a relationship with another man just to protect my heart.

Not to mention, getting involved with a parent was strictly against school rules. But seeing Mack day in and day out was breaking me down.

And soon I might be breaking all the rules.


Mack Daddy is a second chance romance that will pull at your heart strings. It’s a story about when you find 'the one' but life gets in the way.
Mackenzie ‘Mack’ Morrison has returned to Boston. He enrolls his son into St. Matthew’s school. He does this with the best of intentions because he wants his son to have a good education and receive the attention he needs.  Mack had separated from his son’s mother and his son hasn’t adjusted well. Mack also has an ulterior motive for choosing St. Matthew’s. His son’s teacher, Francesca ‘Frankie’ O Hara, is also the woman he left behind eight years ago and he has never recovered.
Frankie hadn’t met any of her new student before school started because she missed orientation. So when her ex-college-roommate/the man who broke her heart shows up with his son the first day of school it had been an overwhelming surprise. The quirky college student with thick purple glasses was no more.  She was now a sophisticated, confident adult whose heart still raced for the man who had left her behind.
Mack was back to win Frankie’s heart but will their past be too much to overcome? Mack had broken Frankie’s heart. Although the circumstances were understandable it was still a very emotional reunion. Frankie had done her best to mend her broken heart and move on. Now living with a boyfriend of two years. Mack won’t give up so quickly. He slowly pushes his way back into Frankie’s but is it enough.
I felt for Mack and Frankie. Life has thrown them a curve ball. Now it's eight years later and their lives are very different. I enjoyed the dual POV and the flashbacks of their past relationship. The flashback helped put their relationship into prospective. It kept the story flowing. There’s also plenty of angsty revelations. Half way through the book my heart started to race and my head started spinning. I couldn’t put it down. 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment