Monday, February 27, 2017

Book Review: The Hot One by Lauren Blakely

The Hot One
At first glance, stripping naked at my ex-girlfriend’s place of work might not seem like the brightest way to win her back.
But trust me on this count – she always liked me best without any clothes on. And sometimes you’ve got to play to your strengths when you’re fighting an uphill battle. As a lawyer, I know how to fight, and I’m prepared to fight hard for her. I might have let her slip through my fingers the last time, but no way will that happen twice.
***
He's the one who got away…
The nerve of Tyler Nichols to reappear like that, stripping at my job, showing off his rock hard body that drove me wild far too many nights. That man with his knowing grin and mischievous eyes is nothing but a cocky, arrogant jerk to saunter back into my life. Except, what if he's not a jerk . . .? He's the one I've tried like hell to forget but just can't. Maybe I’m cursed to remember him. My money is on him being the same guy he always was, but what's the harm in giving him a week to prove he’s a new man? I won't fall for him again.
But how do you resist the hot one…


The Hot One is a swoony, heart warming second-chance romance. Lauren Blakely has turned up the heat with this sweet and sexy love story.


"It's too hard to juggle classes and you"

While juggling in the park Tyler Nichols is surprised to spot the woman he had left behind. Ironically she catches him doing the one thing he wasn't able to to keep their relationship from ending, juggle.


After spotting her ex-boyfriend, Delaney Stewart, picks-up her pace to get away from Tyler before he has a chance to catch up with her. It doesn't stop him from contacting her, Tyler is pretty aggressive. Delaney isn't interested in rekindling a relationship with Tyler. He had unexpectedly broken off their relationship in college. Delaney already struggles with feelings of abandonment from her father.  She's not interested in another broken heart.

Now this is when the story gets interesting! As I said Tyler is aggressive and tends to jump head first without a parachute. He moves full speed ahead, naked and all to win back the woman who was his everything.

I love this story. Delaney had every reason to not give Tyler a second chance however she's able to move past her pain and fears. Tyler is impulsive and a little crazy. He may jump the gun but his heart is in the right place. Lauren Blakely is one of my favorite authors because she never fails to put heart and soul into her stories. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment