Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Book Review: Talk Dirty to Me by Lulu Wright

Talk Dirty to Me
Mark Carrington already broke my heart once.

This sexy, temperamental playboy might dominate the major leagues, but there's no way in hell I'm letting him play ball with my heart again.

Until I find myself facing him down every morning on our new radio show, and his undeniable hotness starts to break down my resistance--and almost erase all the memories of how he dumped me back in high school.

We've both grown up since then, and now Mark is even more gorgeous and infuriating than ever. But I can't get away from him--not when my beloved alternative rock station depends on his sexy ass to avoid getting bought out by a greedy corporation.

But when he corners me in the production room to compliment my sexy radio voice and admire my David Bowie T-shirt, it's all I can do to keep my clothes on and my hands off of him. So I don't.

And the more I get to know him, the more I realize he's hiding a big heart behind all that swagger. And the deeper we get, the deeper I fall.


Lulu Wright can Talk Dirty To Me anytime she wants! I loved this second chance, funny, angsty, steamy romance.

Rose Taylor is my kinda girl, radio geeky. She's the high school nerd who has grown up to be a general manager/program director/ producer of a small alt rock radio station. Love her! In order to increase ratings Rosa's boss brings in "The Bad Boy at Bat. American All-Star. Super Slugger. Mr. Mark Carrington." who is also Rose's ex-crush/ex-boyfriend from high school. He left her feeling inadequate. Mark broke her heart in high school and continues to rattle her twenty years later after he blows her off when they are introduced. Rose does not take it well and has a little too much to drink.  Unfortunately in her drunken stupor she shares the wrong information with her ex's arch nemesis.

Mark Carrington has a temper that lands him very hot water. He has to redeem himself and part of the deal is to host a sports talk show during off season. Mark can't believe he's stuck with Rose Taylor, his high school ex who broke his heart. "A Rose is a Rose is a Rose." After six years Mark can't believe that Rose still thinks he's not good enough for her. Will their chemistry ignite when trapped in a small DJ booth for six weeks?

The characters are well developed. Their past is well written and creates a good understanding of who they are today. They each had their own misconceptions that took six years to debunk. The story is a relationship roller coaster ride that will twist, turn and swoop right into your heart! 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment