Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Book Review: Room Service by Poppy Dunne

Room Service
I've spent seven nights cooped up in this five star hotel, sleeping on 1000 thread count sheets and working sixteen hours a day. At least room service is covered under my expense account. But all work and no play leaves a girl dateless for her brother's wedding.

Prospects aren't totally bleak, though. Four meals a day, I get to drool over this sexy room service guy: he's got a perfect body, easy smile, and a sense of humor that has me snorting over my personal pizza. He's all that and a bag of chips. Specifically, the jumbo bag of ranch barbecue chips that I ordered for breakfast out of desperation on Day Four.

I finally found the courage to 'accidentally' let my bathrobe slip, and ask him to be my plus one at my brother's wedding. So maybe I had to offer him a little money. So what? There's no way I can face my family, make my ex rue the day he left me, or screw off this work stress without his helping hand.

But what happens when I find myself falling for my fake, paid-for boyfriend? Judging by the comped mozzarella sticks he brought me for breakfast, maybe there's a chance he's falling for me too?


I'm such a sucker for off the cuff romances and Room Service fits the bill. I couldn't put it down. The story is filled with wit, laughs, struggles and a feel-good happy ending.

For Alexandrina (Alex) Harrington the struggle is real. Her brother's wedding is in a few days and she's minus a plus one. Alex is feeling the pressure from her judge-y mother and her ex who will also be attending the wedding. If that isn't enough she also has to find a kick-ass band to revitalize the House of Jazz where she's employed or the club will go under. Her prospects seem bleak until a glimmer of hope arises when her hot room server agrees to be her paid date for the weekend wedding. What Alex hadn't expected was to also fall for Ben Hot the room server extraordinaire, hired date, sex god and provider of great uber-orgasms. Now the question is does he feel the same?

Room Service is wonderfully told in a single POV. I love Alex, her wit, humor and insecurities make her my favorite type of heroine, real. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment