Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Book Review: Secrets of an Alpha Male by J.D. Hawkins

Secrets of an Alpha Male
I'm Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson. Pound for pound I'm the best MMA fighter in America, and I've got the brains, balls, and brawn to back it up - 230 pounds of pure muscle, infinite charm, and the stamina to last all night long. But with the biggest fight of my career coming up, I've got to keep my pants zipped and get my head in the game.

That's when Frankie Jones comes in. An amazingly hot yoga teacher, she drives me crazy with those booty shorts and sports bras. I'll hold downward dog as long as she wants so I can show her my cobra. She's a total bombshell, feisty, and challenges me every step of the way. She doesn't fall for my alpha game, and that only turns me on more. But how can I get myself into her skin-tight leggings, with the pressure of this title match coming up and my trainer's orders to keep it in my pants?

Before I met Frankie, all I wanted was to win this fight.

But now?

All I want is her.

Secrets of an Alpha Male gives us the answer to the age old question what is an Alpha Male? The definite answer can be found on the last page of the book.

Cocky, arrogant Connor 'Alpha Male' Anderson has all the confidence in the world. He is taking the leap from obscurity to fighting for the UFC's light-heavyweight championship belt. He doesn't do it quietly, oh no Connor makes sure the whole world knows he's the best in a overly self-assured kinda way. Cocky maybe too nice of a word for Connor. He's is in need of a lesson in humility and humbleness.

Frankie Jones is a struggling yoga instructor. She owns her own business but it's on the brink of closure. Frankie is well trained in yoga but her unwillingness to accept help has her business floundering. She's stubborn and wants to prove that she can do it on her own.

When Connor first meets Frankie, while purchasing some green gunky health drink (drink type is an assumption), he makes sure he doesn't leave without her card. He sneaks his way into her yoga class and soon after her pants. This an acute case of opposites attracting. However the one thing they both have in common is their stubbornness that almost dooms both their careers.

You don't want to miss this Alpha love story filled with wit, humor, vindication and a well concluded HEA. The author does a great job drawing his story together and giving us the best HEAs. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment