Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Book Review: Marriage Games by C.D. Reiss

Marriage Games (Games, #1)

THIRTY DAYS
That’s all Adam Steinbeck demands of his wife.
Thirty days in a remote cottage, doing everything he demands. After that, he’ll sign her divorce papers and give her complete ownership of their company.

THIRTY DAYS
That’s how long he has to rediscover the man he once was. The Dominant Master he hid when he fell in love with her five years ago.

THIRTY DAYS
She wants the business they built badly enough to go to the cottage for a month. Cut off ties to the world and do his bidding. She can submit to him with her body, but her heart will never yield.

She thinks this is his pathetic attempt to repair their marriage.

She’s wrong.

I could not wait to read the Marriage Games. The teasers were torture and the blurb had me stalking the author. The book did not fail, the story immediately drew me in and I was quickly enraptured. I lost concept of time while surrendering my heart and soul to the Marriage Games. Holy hell in a hand basket. I needed a drink.CD Reiss has one upped herself yet again.

First, I had fallen so deep into the story that the ending was a complete mind fuck. I should have been ready, I should have know but instead I felt sucker punched (In a good, masochistic way.). I thought I knew Adam Steinbeck, the first half of the book is in his POV. He is devoted to his wife so when she asked for a divorce he fought for her. HE LOVES HER!

Diane Barnes is no longer in love with her husband. She wanted more, she wanted his love fully but Adam never gave himself to her. Diane also wants her family's company back. Adam isn't going to easily let go of his wife or their company. He has a plan.

"Thirty days," I said, jumping off the side of the tallest building in the city. No turning back now. I leaned into it. "I want thirty days. You and me. Far away. Not a vacation, just thirty days where I show you who I was before I started lying."

Adam has been hiding this predilections from his wife for very good reasons based on his prior experiences. (Nope, not giving it away.You'll need to read for yourself.) Now that he's been exposed and Diana was ready to move on without him, he's playing to lose. Once the real Adam was revealed, the tide had changed and the huntress is ready to fight for what is hers.  I can't wait for the next book, the next two weeks of the thirty days. Can love rebound? 5 +++ Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment