Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Book Review: Sweetest Taboo (S.I.N. #3) by J. Kenner

Sweetest Taboo (S.I.N., #3)
All eyes are on us . . . and there’s nowhere to run.

Everyone has their own ideas about Dallas Sykes: He’s a reckless billionaire, a devilish playboy, a man who gets whatever he wants the minute he wants it. But I know the real Dallas behind the money, bravado, and power—and he’s completely, blissfully mine.

We carefully guarded our secrets, and in each other’s arms we sought refuge from our dark past. Our pain became our pleasure, our control within the chaos. But we could only hide from the truth for so long.

Now we’ve let loose our inhibitions and are ready to face the future. And no matter what people think or say, coming clean is its own sweet reward.




Sweetest Taboo is the final installment in the S.I.N. series and what a great ending . Now we’ve got answers to the questions that have plagued us from the last two books, Dirtiest Secret and Hottest Mess. This is my favorite book of the series. Dallas and Jane find themselves up against the wall, the easiest way out is to end their relationship but instead they fight.

The story begins with Jane being released. The abduction is a warning to Dallas. His stalker is becoming more aggressive in her attempt to protect what is hers.

“So you care for her, leave her. Because the next time I meet her on the street, I’ll truly end this. I have to, my love. How else can I protect what is mine?”

Oh yes, the stalker is crazy! Dallas and Jane continue their relationship, they have waited long enough. No stalker, parent, ex-husband or societal expectation is going to keep them apart. Even after their past is revealed to the world they persevere.

“You were my dirtiest secret, down there in the dark where nobody knew.” “But they do know. So what does that make me?” “Now you’re my sweetest taboo.”

There are a series of unfortunate events and looming threats that led up to climatic ending. Each event only solidifies their relationship. The story is suspense filled, intriguing, fast paced and there are steamy scenes that you don’t want to miss. 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment