Monday, July 4, 2016

Review: Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

Moonshot
Baseball isn’t supposed to be a game of life and death…

The summer that Chase Stern entered my life, I was seventeen. The daughter of a legend, the Yankees were my family, their stadium my home, their dugout my workplace. My focus was on the game. Chase... he started out as a distraction. A distraction with sex appeal poured into every inch of his six foot frame. A distraction who played like a god and partied like a devil.

I tried to stay away. I couldn’t.

Then, the team started losing.
Women started dying.
And everything in my world broke apart.





  
This is a intense story of forbidden love, loyalty and second chances.  There is no way around being sucked into it. The characters are intense and the story is suspenseful and heartbreaking.

What makes this story so good, is the intense connection between Chase Stern and Tyler Rollins. Chase Stern, baseball player extraordinaire, was traded to the Yankees due to his inappropriate behavior off the field. Tyler Rollins, a minor, who's father is the all star closure for the Yankees. Together their love is forbidden and doomed.


"I'm going to marry you one day, Ty Rollins"

Their relationship is hidden in the dark, kept safe from prying eyes. Until one tragic night everything they built was lost by mistakes and misunderstandings. In an instant their lives ripped apart like a Greek tragedy. 

Ty moves forward with her life becoming Mrs. Grant, married to Tobey Grant and the Yankees. Her life changes from the ballgirl on the field supporting the team to the woman in a suit found in the sky box. She's learned to love Tobey. Their passion has brought them together.

The intensity moves off the charts. Murders are committed and connected to the Yankees. They have to win the World Series to stop further loses. They needed to replace their weak man and so they did with Chase Stern. He has to be the key to winning and stopping a serial killer. Will also be the key to Ty's heart?

I was tormented by this story, I had to sneak in the next chapter when possible. I needed to know, I needed closure and damn it, I needed a HEA. Ty is loyal to a fault. I loved her, I hated her, I loved her. I was on an emotional boomerang. The story is written in short chapters, that I loved. It kept the story flowing and only increased the story's intensity. The ending was a complete surprise, bringing everything into light. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment