Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Review: Confessions of a Bad Boy by J.D. Hawkins

Confessions of a Bad Boy
Confessions of a Bad Boy Episode 1: Never Commit

I’m the internet's favorite Bad Boy - the guy who’ll tell it to you straight. No bullshit charm. No excuses. Consider it a public service, letting women know the truth about what guys are really thinking and teaching guys how to get what they want.

Yes, we were checking that girl out.

No, you don't want to meet her parents.

And no, ladies, we don’t care what shoes you wear - as long as they’re up around our neck by the end of the night.

Life was simple, until fate brought me back together with Jessie.

My best friend's younger sister, who I just happened to have the hottest one night stand of my life with four years ago.

Who calls me at 3 AM to get bailed out of jail.

Who I can’t keep my hands off of.

And who can never find out who I really am.

She’s off-limits, but I don't care. And when I need a fake girlfriend to help me out of a jam at work, she’s the only one who can help. Now I’m stuck sharing a hotel room with her for the weekend.

A long, sexy weekend.

This is your Bad Boy, signing off.



Okay I’m ready to write my review, now that I’ve stopped sobbing. The final paragraph of the epilogue brought me to tears, it’s beautifully touching and heartwarming. Confessions of a Bad Boy is a witty, fun, meaningful tale of a playboy and his hang-ups. There's also a little forbidden love to boot.

Nate is our resident Bad Boy/Playboy. He enjoys quick, non-committal hook-ups. 

“It ain’t easy living like me, sleeping with beautiful women every night of the week, taking things one second at a time, searching for the one beautiful connection, then throwing it away the morning after- but I’ll tell you this: It’s pretty fucking awesome.”

Nate takes his experiences and anonymously shares them on his vlog, his highly popular vlog. He has become an ‘internet-sex-pervert-guru-philosopher-asshole' but people love him and his advice. Although Nate is riding high as a successful talent agent and vlogger, he’s hit the wall. He’s ready to move forward with his career and make the next move. When the opportunity arises he finds himself  in a dilemma. He has to convince his longtime friend to play his fiancée for the weekend. Luckily for him, she owes him one.

Jessie is working long hours in the costume department. When she discovers her boyfriend had been cheating on her she may just go a little nuts and finds herself in a jam. Nate comes to the rescue and bails her out. It doesn’t take long before Nate needs a favor in return. Nate needs a fake fiancée and Jessie is the perfect candidate. They are childhood friends, who know each other best.

What transpires next is a crazy, aborting of a self-fulfilling prophesy. It's an upward struggle for Nate to discover there's life after non-committal hook-ups. He also struggles with the possibility of losing his best friends if Jessie's brother discovers their secret. We got a glimpse of a over-worked, overly protective brother, Kyle, who has some man whorish tenancies. Love him!! The story has a HEA, as I mentioned earlier, that was beautifully touching and heart-warming. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment