Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Review: Explicit by Roxy Sloane

Explicit
"I’ve told you I’ve fantasized about you. So, tell me the truth. Do you fantasize about me?”

Bestselling novelist Jackson Ford is arrogant, exacting, and relentless on the page and off. His irresistible new editor, Ellie Parker is smart, headstrong, and not intimidated by Jackson's attitude - or the way he turns every exchange into a filthy seduction.

There isn't a thing these two can agree on, except their intense attraction. But with Jackson's deadline looming, can they stop fighting long enough for him to deliver the hit she needs?

The relationship between editor and author has never been so intimate or so explicit...





Explicit is a sexy battle of wills! In this writers corner, Bestselling novelist Jackson Ford. He's arrogant, uncompromising and very much attracted to his new editor. In this editors corner, Ellie Parker. She's talented, smart and resilient. Ellie needs all her strength and determination to take on Jackson. He's writing has become unoriginal and formulaic. Ellie challenges Jackson to go back to his roots and he accepts. But when things heat up can Jackson move past his own insecurities and allow Ellie to help him write a novel from his heart?

Explicit introduces us to many great new characters. Ellie has a posse, who support each other through thick and thin. I loved their bond and commitment. The beauty of their friendship creates a positive aurora. I loved that the story is not only focused on Jackson and Ellie's relationship but also Ellie's friendships and bonds.

Ellie challenges Jackson to return to his writing roots and Jackson challenges Ellie to let loose of her inhibitions.  The climax had my heart racing and my mind in overdrive. Thank god for the HEA. Roxy Sloane never fails to keep me on the edge of my seat. I love her stories, the characters are well developed and just when you thought everything was heading in the right direction, BAM, she slams on the breaks and leaves you reeling. Explicit is riveting, heart-wrenching and sexy. 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment